November 11, 2019
everythingelse is being really cachey
This has been going on since at least June. PHP needs to be restarted to get any changes to show up. Database stuff is fine. Wordpress sites have a lot of issues. enstars sever does not have this issue
Some how I had set opcache.validate_timestamps=0 in /etc/php/7.1/fpm/php.ini. I commented that back out to match enstars and actually got an error message on Wordpress!
- Wordpress is now giving an error message on post publish, api is getting 404s
- Laravel sites are still caching new routes/views?
Time Spent: 3 hours 34 minutes
October 17, 2019
Replicating Macbook's Vagrant Enviornment on Pancake (Window's Box)
It looks like I started doing this sometime in the past. The Homestead repo is there as well as the development domains in the hosts file. Not working when I try vagrant up though
September 8, 2019
Weather Station Working!!!!
Woo got it working today and feeding data to this page!
Using the Huzzah and not the Arduino at all
Getting temp, humidity, and pressure
Anemometer needs a separate setup as it needs a 9V Vin and outputs up to 2V analog which Huzzah cannot handle
Time Spent: 10 hours 27 minutes
September 7, 2019
Setting up Https
My original setup was trying to reach this website's endpoint which is over https.
I tried to create some crazy work between but was encouraged to just do it the right way
The https library for the huzzah? wasn't bad at all and I was able to get it working.
[flesh this out]
Hunting down a https library
Pulling the needed code out of a more complicated example
Figuring out the sha
[add code here]
August 21, 2019
Create Endpoint to Add Data To Database
Built a quick GET endpoint to put data into the database from a URL with the parameters:
May 6, 2019
2019 Week 19
- enstars.info - Created BetafeatureController to hold beta projects
- enstars.info - Added name learning game
April 22, 2019
Week 17 2019
- Monday 2019-04-22
- figurerant.com - started refactor/restructure of database to have figures table and sales
- enstars.info - removed leading 0's from birthday dates
- servers - everythingelse is having a caching issue where php needs to be restarted to show any changes
April 1, 2019
2019 Week 14
- everything else - added SSH keys to pancake
- figurerant.com - started tamamo review
- enstars.info - Working on Typegroup structure
- enstars.info - Add in Typegroups, start filling in data
March 25, 2019
2019 Week 13 - March 25 to March 31
- ccmakesthings - set up phabricator
- ccmakesthings - set up email for phabricator
- todo.ccmakesthings.com - add letsencrypt
- todo.ccmakesthings.com - moved all enstars tasks over, database overview
March 14, 2019
Laravel error email stopped working
OK SO, it was using env() to read the email from the .env file BUT this doesn't work when things are cached which usually happens on production
SO I created a new config file enstars.php and created a mail address in there that reads from the .env file, this way even the cached ones know it
it is sending the emails out i see them in mailgun but only one has shown up in my mailbox so far??? Maybe this is some gmail rate limiting thing? cause one worked the next day
Time Spent: 1 days 4 hours 40 minutes
February 21, 2019
phpmyadmin just says "No input file specified."
I don't think I did anything so why is this showing this.
I did break it when I
rm -rf *
d my home directory. phpMyAdmin was living in the Code directory I deleted. I redownloaded it and followed the steps here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23788096/how-to-setup-phpmyadmin-on-a-laravel-homestead-box but it is not working still.
Time Spent: 1 hours 9 minutes
August 10, 2018
Setting up a LEMP Digital Ocean Droplet
Create new Droplet
- One Click Apps -> LEMP on 16.04
- $5 a month
- use SSH key
Log into new Droplet for initial setup
- ssh root@ipaddress
- Got the root MySQL password from the file given
- run mysql_secure_installation to set up mysql
- Set up MySQL
- create domain folders in /var/www/name.come/html
- set up nginx
- sites available <- where the setup files are
- sites enabled <- symbolic links to the sites you want live
nginx -t test if the config files have no errors
systemctl restart nginx restarts nginx
Time Spent: 3 months 26 days 11 hours 46 minutes
November 19, 2018
2018 Week 47 - November 19 to November 25
- figurerant - add missing 404/error svgs
- figurerant - fix contact form
Time Spent: 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes
November 20, 2018
I have a node js script (that isn't up to date on github) that is ripping text out of screenshots, sending them to google translate API, and then creating a JSON file
- Fix the screenshot to remove the half star at the end of the slide that causes noise
- Get JS to crop the images so I don't have to use the Gimp scripts
- Create a twitter bot that posts random slides?<.li>
November 20, 2018
Current goal of getting all past orders into a database. Detoured in adding goods and updating Laravel versions.
November 12, 2018
2018 Week 46 - November 12 to November 18
- ccmakesthings - changed timezone of entire project to America/Denver
- ccmakesthings - fixed completed task list and simplified the UI
Time Spent: 6 days 11 hours
October 5, 2018
Moving WordCount UI
I finally moved the wordcount UI off of my personal site, that has been on my todo list FOREVER!
October 1, 2018
ccmakesthings has been moved!
And it's so much faster!
Time Spent: 3 days 10 hours 19 minutes
August 6, 2018
2018 Week 32 - August 6 to August 12
- Figure Rant - Added concept/prototype/released status
- Figure Rant - Started roundup template
- ccmake - Added ability to move between lists
July 23, 2018
2018 Week 30 - July 23 to July 29
July 16, 2018
2018 Week 29 - July 16 to July 22
- Add url field to projects and categories.
- Add ability to edit dates on posts.
- Add sorting by competed_at
- Added book UI for add/edit
- Added group UI for add/edit
- Added author UI for add/edit
- Added publisher UI for add/edit
- Added type UI for add/edit
May 31, 2018
Pulling text out of story screen shots
I looked into this project last night, and finally got a working concept tonight!
Steps of mostly failure:
- Look for a way to pull text from images in PHP
- Find stack overflow mentioning Tessarect OCR https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2024238/read-text-from-an-image-with-php
- Go to wrapper mentioned https://github.com/thiagoalessio/tesseract-ocr-for-php
- Not understanding how it worked at all, I added it to my Laravel project through composer, but that didn't work.
- I then downloaded it on my mac through homebrew, this took a long time
- Decided to move this process to my windows box with more power
- Now late Thursday night
- Install Chocolatey package manager for windows through power shell
- Install the recommended windows package for tesseract
- Try to boot up my local xampp install, its completey broken.
- Abandon PHP, look for node package.
- There is one! http://tesseract.projectnaptha.com/
- Create a new project folder and install it
- Can't remember how to create projects from scratch in node, eventually remember how to run just the file name.
- Download example image, run test code, ERROR! Eng not found.
- Google around, no luck, just look through recent github issues and bingo! https://github.com/naptha/tesseract.js/issues/194
- Add in missing file
- rerun AND IT READS ENGLISH!!!
- Okay lets try Japanese, change language to Jpn, get language file
- Run and its completely garbled
- Move to browser as ghetto windows node shell probably can't handle Japanese font
- Some success but mostly garbled result!
- Crop picture so it's just the text
- Rerun - IT WORKS O M G
Next step is to start automating things, image cropping, file running, and then saving the text!
Time Spent: 2 hours 16 minutes
May 24, 2018
- Travel - created Tripdays controller and Tripday model, tied Add tripday button on edit trip to router. It's still broken, need to have the insert grab all fields. Unless there is a nice way to have Laravel do that? Need to investigate.
May 4, 2018
A non-numeric value encountered
$userteam->da = '';
$userteam->da + $userteam->da_2 + $userteam->da_3;
$userteam->da = 0;
$userteam->da + $userteam->da_2 + $userteam->da_3;
May 4, 2018
Upgrading PHP to 7.2
It was 7.1 so 7.2 upgrade seems to have caused no issues! Excellent!
April 16, 2018
2018 Week 16 - April 16 to April 22
- Adding figure to order relationship
- Adding figure to collection
- Build out database links
- Planning out ability for users to add data
April 9, 2018
2018 Week 15 - April 9 to April 15
- Added Event Countdown to homepage
- Changed ambitious group dynamic static class call issue to just use simpler check. Groups now work on viewing figures.
- Added a bunch of released nendos to the db.
- Built out Order UI and logic
- Moved navbar to layouts view, bootstrapped it.
Time Spent: 6 days 12 minutes
October 11, 2017
Writing Up My Travel Journal
When I was going through my closet for moving I found my shoebox full of London things I had kept. I had always wanted to make a scrapbook with the things but I was terrible at finishing scrapbooks and then you had to actually physically hold the scrapbook to look at it so why not create a digital one!
I have not figured out where this project will live or how exactly I will do it but my first step is writing up my journal I kept of my London and Paris trip in 2003. I'm five pages in so far and it has involved a lot of wandering and being lost. I want to figure out the path we took and take pictures of all the random stuff I have saved, in the end creating some fun scrollytelling/data story webpage
May 19, 2017
I downloaded a CRUD template and was using that to build out the site. It's been so long though should probably just remake the same pattern I've been using.
October 3, 2017
My Macbook's keyboard deicded to all the way break on Tuesday night and I realized just HOW much time I spent on it. Working on projects, writing, reading, wasting reddit time, all on the Macbook! Even when I took breaks from my phone in Japan and NY I STILL had the Macbook there.
It's still mostly useable with an external keyboard and wireless mouse but I'm about to not have it at all for two days, What will I do???? Can I handle it???? I should be able to, being so depedant on one object I can break easily is not good.