The costume was so nice to wear on Saturday that I wore it again on Sunday. The mask held together perfectly, while the cape had its usual cape issues. I had used up all the bandages so we stopped at the Walgreens to get some more. After a bit of a hunt we found another roll of them!
It went really well! The sunglasses frame made it really easy to wear the mask ontop of my head when walking around.
At the Marriott! Time to attach the nose and figure out bandages!
My time was running out and if I wanted any sleep before the con I had to finish early! I finished priming and did 3 coats of yellow paint, masked out the blue stripes and created the goggles. I also painted on the red lips and blue mustache.
I didn't finish it 100% before the con but there was still tomorrow night for finishing touches!
My time was running out! I finished attaching all the fins to the main mask with my heat gun and attached the mask firmly to the glasses with some more worbla. I then started drew out the features, cut the nose hole, and started priming with gesso. I used sharpie for the features which was a mistake as it was totally seeable through the primer.
Having done no work yesterday (I skillfully fell off my bike), I had to get things going today! I finished the prototype and started cutting the worbla out for the mask pieces. I also started attaching the fins to the main mask.
My dying of the jumper went well and I got a good color brown.
I also added some features to the mask, toilet paper rolls for the eye pieces and paper to create the fins.
I went and scouted out jumpers at Old Navy in the morning, they didn't have the brown one there but a blue one that was close enough!Jumper pic
I then stopped at Joann Fabrics to look at cape materials and get some brown dye for the jumper!
That night I needed to start this costume! I created a foam template to size out on the sunglasses frame I was using as a mask base. Then I sketched out the features and makeshiftedly attached it to the frame.